Kleverness is the smart lighting solution that gives everyone the ability to automate their homes with a great product line and user interface. It combines full automation, energy savings, and simple installation and usability at an affordable price point. Unlike older competitive products, Kleverness Products work in any home no matter when it was built or what kind of wiring it has. Kleverness includes a free smartphone App that provides DIY installation instructions, and it works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Kleverness products are different and better than other smart lighting products because:
* They are easier to install: Interactive instructions in the Kleverness App guide you every step of the way with illustrations and videos.
* They are easier to use: Both the products and the App were designed to optimize the entire smart lighting experience. We do the heavy lifting so that you can enjoy your home and improve your lifestyle!
* It costs you less to control your lights: One Klever Switch can control up to three light circuits and can act as a remote for every other Klever device around thehome. It also allows users to optimize their usage and increase their savings!
* Klever Products work in any house or apartment, no matter when it was built or how it was wired. No neutral wire is required. This is the number one failure of other smart lighting and home automation products: they require a special wiring orneutral wires in the switch boxes. Since most homes weren’t built with automation in mind, people end up having to break walls to rewire and pay professionals to do so; or worse, return the products altogether.
* Klever Products have the longest range in the industry.
Kleverness Products are unique because they use a proprietary communication protocol that can reach even the furthest corners of your home; unlike most “smart” products that need to be installed within reach of a WiFi router, a repeater or a gateway.
Kleverness achieves savings from the moment you buy the devices, to many years later by using AI to continuously optimize your energy usage.
* One Kleverness switch can take the place of three wired wall switches.
* Kleverness products monitor energy consumption and help you cut your usage.
* You can turn off all the lights in your home with one switch or with the App.
* You can program your lights to turn off automatically when you’re not home.
* You do not need to tear holes in your walls and patch them back up, or an electrician to help you install them.
Kleverness products will work in any space that has electric lights!
All Kleverness products are backed by a 1-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
No! Kleverness products only need an internet connection to be controlled from outside the home. However, if the internet connection fails, you will still be able to control the lights from your smartphone when you’re inside the house. Here’s what happens if things get crazy:
* If the power goes out, nothing works, but Kleverness products remember how they were programmed so they work correctly when the power comes back on.
* Once the power returns, your Klever Switches, Dimmers and Outlets will all work properly, and can be controlled manually, or with the Kleverness App.
* Once your internet access returns, you can use the Kleverness App from outside your home to control your lights or the lights at another home where you are an authorized user. Amazon Alexa and Google Home will also start working again.
As long as you have electric power, your Kleverness products will keep working within your home. However, you will not be able to control your Kleverness products remotely or use Amazon Alexa or Google Home integrations until internet access is restored.
Yes! Klever devices will remember their last setting and work seamlessly when the power comes back.
If you have a manual transfer switch that supplies power to just a few circuits when the mains power is down, make sure to plug your WiFi router and Klever Hub into one of those generator-powered circuits. If your generator powers the entire house, then Kleverness products do not need any special treatment.
Every Kleverness product includes a Getting Started guide in the package. You can also download the Kleverness App from the App Store or Google Play, and follow the Installation Guide in the App.
Your Kleverness products are managed by a Klever Hub, which is installed near the WiFi router. All you need to do is register the Hub with your smartphone. Download the Kleverness App from the the App Store or Google Play, and follow the Getting Started Guide in the App.
Click here to go to the Kleverness Support portal .
We’ve worked hard to make them as easy to install as possible. Just remember, the first step is to turn off the circuit breaker that controls the lights you’ll be working on. Then follow the instructions in the Kleverness App.
No! Klever Switches work with any bulb, and Klever Dimmers work with any dimmable bulb.
You are able to turn these on or off with Klever devices. However, we recommend using Kleverness with non-smart bulbs for best performance.
Yes! Any Klever Switch can be programmed to control other Klever devices installed elsewhere in your home without needing to wire between them. Just make sure that every Klever device is connected to at least 1 lighting load.
Yes! You can assign as many switches as you want to any light. Also, each Klever Switch can control up to three separate wired lighting loads.
Yes! Just install a Klever Switch in place of each light switch. Then you can assign one of the buttons on each Klever Switch to turn on all the outside lights at the same time. You can also turn them all on and off from the smartphone app.
Yes, in two different ways. You can use the Kleverness App to turn any or all lights and outlets off remotely. Or you can use our Geofencing feature to turn everything off by itself when you take your Smartphone more than a certain distance from home. That’s Klever!
Kleverness uses a proprietary wireless protocol with very long range meant to exceed the requirements of any single-family home.
Yes. Kleverness devices have at least twice the range of WiFi and other protocols used by many home automation products.
1. 40 meters/120 feet
Yes! When you install a Klever Hub, the Kleverness App will create a new household. Just switch between households to control lights in either house.
In the Kleverness App, select Routines. Choose a wake-up Routine, choose the lights you want to wake you up, and on what days and times. While you’re at it, choose another Routine to turn the lights off after everybody leaves home each day!
Just turn on Vacation Mode in the app. Kleverness will use AI to mimic your behavior when you’re not home, and turn your lights on in a similar pattern. That’s Klever!
If someone uses a light switch set to Vacation Mode, the Kleverness App will alert you and your emergy contact that someone is in your home. It will also set off a visual alarm with the lights in your home.
A Klever Dimmer replaces any light switch or dimmer to control the light intensity of one wired light circuit. Klever Dimmers also measure the power being consumed by the lights on their circuit.
Yes, through the Kleverness App, and also through Amazon Alexa and GoogleHome.
Yes! You can create Scenes in the Klever App to control as many Klever Dimmers and other devices as you want.
All dimmable bulbs, including incandescent, LED and ELV.
A Klever Switch replaces any light switch to control the lights on up to three wired light circuits. This means that one Klever Switch can replace up to three dumbswitches! Klever Switches also measure the power being consumed by your lights, and act as 3-way and 4-way switches, or remote controls to other Klever devices in your home.
Yes, through the Kleverness App, and also through Amazon Alexa and GoogleHome.
Any kind of bulb, including incandescent, LED and CFL.
The Klever Switch can control:
* The light circuit it is wired to (ceiling or wall lights, outdoor lights, wired outlet)
* Lights plugged into a Klever Outlet
* Lights controlled by any other Klever Switch or Dimmer in your home.
Yes! You can assign as many switches as you want to any light circuit. Each Klever Switch can control up to three wired independent light, and unlimited lights or outlets that are physically connected to another Klever device.
Every room is different. A Klever Switch will give you the unique ability to control 3 lights from a single gang switch, and remotely control other Klever Devices. However, the Klever Dimmer will allow you to set the mood by making the lighting intensity perfect for every occasion.
A Klever Outlet allows you to remotely turn on and off the lights or appliances plugged into it. You can control a Klever Outlet from one of the buttons on a Klever Switch or from your Smartphone. A Klever Outlet also measures the power being consumed by whatever is plugged into it.
Any type of lamp, light fixture or appliance that draws under 1500 watts.
You can control the Klever Outlet through the Kleverness App, and also through Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Yes! Using the Klever App, create Scenes or Zones that include as many Klever Devices as you want. You can trigger Scenes from the App, or assign it to oneor more Klever Switches.
A Klever Hub is the brain of the whole Klever system. It communicates between your Kleverness devices (switches, dimmers, outlets) and your smartphone. It also enables you to control your Kleverness devices with other automation products like Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
After installation, all of your Klever Switches and Dimmers can control your lights without a functioning Klever Hub. However, you will only be able to take advantage of the smart features like smartphone and voice control if you have a Klever Hub installed. We recommend our customers to have 1 Klever Hub per household.
A single Klever Hub can control over 200 Klever devices. We have you covered, no matter how big your dreams!
Yes. You can authorize any smartphone to control the Klever Hubs you own, and deauthorize them as well.
Yes. They are very similar but come with a different power supply to fit the outlets in different countries.
The Klever Hub is available only in Black.
The Kleverness Hub has a range of at least 40 meters straight line between walls.
Kleverness saves energy in various ways:
1. You can turn lights off easily from across the house or around the world.
2. You can program lights to turn off at specific times, so that you don’t have turn them off manually.
3. You can program your Kleverness system to turn off your lights and electronics when you walk out of your home. This makes sure nothing gets left on, and also mitigates standby power consumption.
4. You can use the sunlight schedule to make sure your lights are dim when there is natural light during the day.
5. Kleverness proprietary bulb detection technology will determine if you’re using inefficient bulbs and recommend more efficient technologies for your home and quantify your returns in energy savings.
You can turn the lights off remotely from your cell phone, or program them toturn off automatically at check-out time. You can also monitor energy usage on eachconnected device, to understand and manage how tenants use power.
Kleverness Smartphone App allows you to control Kleverness devices wherever you are, at home or around the world. From the Kleverness Smartphone App, you can:
* Control Klever Switches, Dimmers and Outlets
* Enable multiple Klever Switches to control one light or outlet
* Enable one Klever Switch to control multiple lights or outlets
* Authorize or deauthorize other smartphone users to control your lights
* Design creative lighting scenes
* Set up your smart assistant to control your lights and outlets
* Set routines and geofencing
* Monitor and reduce your energy bill and carbon footprint
Yes. Download it here.
Yes. Download it here.
You can give permissions to control a Klevernes Hub to as many people as you like. You can also disable users any time. Perfect for short-term guests or Airbnbrentals!
Every Kleverness installation requires one Hub. The best way to get started is to buy a Starter Bundle or a Room Bundles . These include everything you need including a hub and a variety of Klever Switches, Dimmers andOutlets.
Buy a Starter bundle . You’ll get a Klever Hub and a Klever Switch or Dimmer to control your porch lights wherever you are from your phone. You will alsobe able to control your porch light using Amazon Alexa and Google Home!
The easiest way to get started is to purchase a Livingroom Bundle with enough switches and dimmers to replace all the old switches in the room. You’ll be able to replace all the wall switches, and also control extra plug-in lights using the included Klever Outlets. For more information, click here to go to the Kleverness Support portal and send us an email with details about what you are trying to do.
Only one hub is required per home, so you don’t need another starter kit. Just order individual Kleverness Dimmers, Switches and Outlets, or save money withan Add-On Bundle.
Although all Klever products work with 110-240 VAC, we designed the product variations to fit different countries’ electrical standards and wall-boxes.
No. The only difference is the size of the wall-box and plate, and the plug type. You should make sure that your wall-box is the right size for the Klever Products you order.
North American products:
Small face plate: 32.40mm x 66.40mm
Large face plate: 72.02mm x 119.02mm
Small face plate: 32.40mm x 66.40mm
Large face plate: 72.02mm x 119.02mm
Yes! As long as you are an authorized user.
Install Kleverness at your Airbnb unit and you can do all of this:
* Turn off all the lights at checkout time.
* Authorize guests to control the lights with their cell phones, until they check out.
* Turn lights off when the unit is empty, then welcome new guests with all lightson.
* Automatically record and play back light patterns to make the unit look occupied.
* Monitor and reduce guests’ energy consumption
Yes! You can turn the lights off remotely from your cell phone, or program them to turn off automatically at check-out time, or if the guests are not in the unit.
You can control all your Airbnb units from one smartphone, even if they are in many different locations.
Elderly customers often use the following Kleverness features:
* Turn all of the house lights Off with one switch
* Turn all of the house lights, or all the lights in the bed and bath, on with one switch
* Turn off all the lights except the current room with one switch
Caregivers get many benefits from Kleverness:
* You can remotely check to see if the lights are on or off at a clients house or in just one room.
* You can monitor when a client turns their lights on and off, to understand theirsleep patterns.
* You can turn on the lights at each home when you arrive.
Every Kleverness Hub has a unique code and serial number. Once you install that hub, you can control who uses your Kleverness products.
Using Vacation mode, the Kleverness App can alert you if anyone uses your lights when you are away. It can also turn learn your habits and turn lights on and off with an irregular pattern that looks like someone is home.
Not if you use Kleverness Smart Lighting products! They work in any home with electric lighting regardless of when it was built or how it was wired. The rest of this Home Wiring section is intended to help people who purchased lighting automation products from other manufacturers understand why those products often don’t work properly
The neutral wire completes the circuit when the lights are turned off. Most competing old-generation lighting automation products require a neutral wire to work. This is the number one reason those products do not work in so many homes. Kleverness uses patented next-generation technology that does not require a neutral wire.
No. Kleverness products can be installed in any home using existing wiring.
In the USA, neutral wires are required in light switch boxes in new construction in some states’ electric codes only, and most buildings made before 2011 weren’t required to have it. This means that most smart lighting products will not work in buildings constructed before 2011. Outside the USA, neutral wires are seldom installed in light switch boxes. Kleverness products will work in any home, no matter when it was built or in what country.
You may purchase Kleverness products here on Kleverness.com or at Amazon.com. Other locations coming soon.
You may use any major credit card, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
No, Kleverness never sees your credit card information. That is handled by our payment partners (PayPal, Amazon or Stripe). We receive your name, shipping address, email address and information about your Kleverness products.
Products are shipped from our warehouse in Texas, USA.
International shipments may be subject to import taxes, duties and/or customs clearance fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. These fees are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Kleverness has no control over these charges, nor can Kleverness predict what they may be. If a shipment is refused and returned, you will be responsible for any import taxes and return shipping costs incurred.Customs policies vary widely by country. If you have questions, we recommend that you contact your local customs office for more information.
Please contact Kleverness to request an RMA number to include with your shipment. For details, see our return policy in the legal section of our website.
Go to kleverness.com and click on Help on the lower right hand corner.
Set up your Amazon Alexa account on the Amazon Alexa App. Then go to skills and search for Kleverness on the search bar. Log in with your Kleverness account details and select the devices you want to control with Alexa once they’ve been discovered.
Set up your Google account on the Google Home App. Then go to add devices and search for Kleverness on the search bar. Log in with your Kleverness account details and select the devices you want to control with Alexa once they’ve been discovered.